Indonesia Anonymus

We are a group of Indonesians, ranting about our beloved country. This blog is a result of many people grumbling about many things in many ways.
Feedback: indonesia.anonymus at gmail dot com

Name:

Anonymus is the Latin word for anonymous, the correct English spelling. The Latin spelling, however, is traditionally used by scholars in the humanities to refer to an ancient writer whose name is not known, or to a manuscript of their work. Read more at Wikipedia.

Our blog in Bahasa Indonesia (but rarely updated) can be found here.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Finders Keepers - Well, duh !

Duh! indeed.

It's been a week, and none of the wallets has found its way back. Not even a phone call. (If you don't know what we are talking about, you may want to read this one first.

Roi was right. Agusset was right.
And we're a bunch of fools. There. We've said it. For the record.
We should have listened to one of our colleagues who told us it wouldn't work. But you know how it is. When you are excited about something, you are excited about something.

And now this particular colleague is having a ball.
Did we hear "I told you so" everytime we pass in front of his room? Oh yes. More than we deserve.
Yes, rub it in dear fellow, rub it in.

Oh well. Curiousity kills the cat.

Now if you excuse us, we have a colleague to put down.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i never expect my money would be back if i ever lost my wallet (in Jakarta).. i just wish someone will be kind enough to return the wallet and the important cards inside (atm, credit card, KTP, SIM, etc). Because, as you said, it'll be so much 'fun' having to apply for new cards.

I'm not saying that everybody is not nice enough to call and tell he/she found your wallet. Some people are indeed very kind regarding this matter. But, if it happens to me, just to be save i will cancel all my atm/credit cards right away. KTP and SIM can wait to be reissue.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Memento said...

hey, the curiosity didn't kill you, guys. for what it worths, now you know faith alone won't return any missing wallet ;)

i've lost mine (my faith and wallet)loooong ago when someone stole my wallet (in a campus' praying room), took the money and left everything else scattered on the street. another person found my ID (Ka Te Pe), sent a letter to me and asked for a refund if I wanted the ID back!!! *LOL* what fun!

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a good experiment (though a bit expensive), and I think you're being too hard on yourself. Hope you won't lose optimism in people because of this. The good and the bad can be found anywhere.

9:58 PM  
Blogger roi said...

... and I heard that cat has nine lives...

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across this while looking for advice on how much to reward a young woman for returning my wallet. I lost it more than a month ago, but while I had already replaced the credit cards and my driver's license, there were other items that I was glad to get back. The money was all there, too. I think her honesty and diligence were worth more to me than the wallet! I gave her $20 (US - enough for a couple of good lunches) because I figured it wasn't so much as to imply she was profiting from my misfortune, but a little more than enough to make up for her time and effort.

-Jim, USA

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home